Wednesday, January 30, 2008

To the Rescue!!!

I wasn't quite sure how well today was going to go. My patient I had scheduled previously cancelled yesterday, so luckily my grandpa was able to come in so we could finish up with his work. When I talked to him last night though he said that if it was snowing bad, like it was supposed to, he may not be able to make it...That is not a comforting thought! Luckily he came to my rescue. I was a little nervous because most of his teeth are crowned. I have never worked with scaling crowns so I wasn't very confident with it. It wasn't as bad as I anticipated. The hard part was his mandibular anteriors. There was some hard calculus on there! Boy was my arm tired! I missed a few spots on the anteriors, which dissapointed me a little bit, but it is okay, I just want to get better. I was able to pass off my anterior scaling PE and my exploring PE.
I worry that I am not accomplishing enough in each appointment, but I guess I should just feel lucky today that I even had a patient because there were several girls who didn't have a patient today, which is sooo frustrating!!! I guess I will just keep taking it one appointment at a time and keep trying to improve.

1 comment:

The Pyper's! said...

Crowns and scaling don't really mix! I am impressed that you only missed a couple of spots! I really think that when I scale a crown I am going to shake and be so nervous that I am going to pop it off... That could be really bad...