Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Welcome back!!!

Well, it's crazy that school is already back in session. I am in a new operatory, so the switches on the suctions are a little bit different and the setup is a little bit different, but hopefully it won't take me too long to get used to that! I felt a little better after I had organized all my instruments so that I could have some sterilized packages ready to go. We were also able to practice the ultrasonic. I need to remember to not get close to any soft tissue, because it will burn it. I also need to remember to go a little bit faster paced over the teeth with it. It should be faster than the air-powder polisher!!! I am excited to get to use this on our patients and think it will be a great benefit.
We also learned more about the Gracey instruments. Before I didn't really know how they worked, so this was a really good thing to learn. Wednesday we see our first patient for this semester. My grandma is coming in. She hasn't been to the dentist in a while so I'm sure it is going to be a little more difficult than anything I have done up to this point. Hopefully it will go okay!

1 comment:

{Jamey} said...

Kristin, you and your husband are so cute together! I'm glad you added pics. Good luck with your first patient on Wednesday. You'll do GREAT!