Wednesday, January 16, 2008

CA Day! Hooray!

Today was A LOT less stressful than the rest have been. I wish I could say I had a patient and it was less stressful, but that isn't the case! I was CA today and I learned a lot! There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes! There are so many places to stock and so many duties to attend to with such a large clinic! It was a good experience. Mrs. Campbell had a lot of good suggestions for us and gave me a lot of little hints when scheduling patients. For example, make sure when scheduling an appointment you edit the preference so your name shows up. If you don't, then that patient's name won't show up on your recall list, it will go to the WSU recall list. I don't want to lose a valuable patient because I made such a small mistake! I also realized how much easier it is for Mrs Campbell or the CA to schedule an appointment if you email them instead of calling them...then they can do it when it is convenient for them.
Today I was also able to talk to a few of my peers who shared my same stressful feelings about clinic (I didnt think there was anyone else out there!). This made me feel better that I wasn't alone! I just have to keep telling myself that lots ofother people have made it through this program and I can too. I just hope it all works out in the end with my grade and meeting all the requirements!

1 comment:

The Pyper's! said...

I think everyone is feeling stressful somewhat! We will all get through it!