Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Snowing Stress!

I had a goal today to get through an OD check with my patient. I wasn't quite sure which class type she would be, but I knew I was going to have to hurry. Well, things didn't really go as planned. It was snowing like CRAZY this morning! My patient actually ended up being almost an hour late so we weren't off to a good start. She had a lot of new things for me to see intra orally that I hadn't seen just working on each other in clinic.
I decided to take 4 vertical BWX. This is the first time I have done verticals on a human patient. I completely bombed the 2 molar BWX. I retook them, and bombed them again!!! I was so frustrated becuase I had tried so hard and totally thought I was far enough back to get the distal of the second molars. I obviously need to change something!
Needless to say, I was running behind and I got all the way through, but didn't have time to have the instructor come do my OD check. In fact, I didn't even have my patient walked out by the time we were supposed to have our charts in. Luck just wasn't on my side today. The instructors were really good to help me out today, which I really appreciated. We decided that my patient should be classified as a V, which will count towards my 1B requirements. I guess it was a good experience to help me to learn to deal with my stress!!!

No comments: