Monday, February 4, 2008

Thank Heavens For Husbands!!!

Well....today was interesting. My patient called me at 10:30 to cancel because of the weather. She works at an insurance company and didn't feel like she could leave because the claims would pile up. Frustrating. Luckily my husband was able to come, even though it was not convenient at all for him, bless his heart.
That was only part of the stress of the morning. On the way to school I got stuck in a snow bank by my house. My landlord had to bring me to school (how imbarrassing!) and my car is still stuck. Luckily my husband was able to come in today, although it wasn't very convenient for him.
I need to be more careful in the pockets and interproximally. I really gave my husbands gums one heck of a work out! Today, instead of NOT going deep enough into the pocket and interproximally, I think I was trying to go too much. However, I feel like I improved a lot in my technique and Angie was very helpful. I really need to pay close attention to the lingual mandibular anteriors. She gave me a good tip to use my Barnhart to get the calculus off the straight linguals or any groove by using the toe. I think this will come in very handy. I was able to pass off my universal instrumentation PE and my instrument sharpening PE because we had extra time. Hopefully I can take what I learned today and improve upon it!

2 comments:

The Pyper's! said...

I love the barnheardt for the straight linguals!! That Angie knows her stuff. Anyway sorry about your car! I hope you get it out soon!

DenaeLemich said...

Oh no! I swear we wouldn't be normal if we didn't have to go through tough days like that! Hope everything worked out!