Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mission Accomplished

Well I finally feel like I accomplished something. Even though was having one of my 1B patients coming back today, I still feel like I was able to get a lot done. I completed my exam on her, and did some sealants and I passed off my Diagnodent and air powder polishing PE's! Yeah!!! Today for my exam I was really focusing on trying to get the time I needed to get a 4 on my scaling becuase she had a pretty healthy mouth. I was worried about missing spots however trying to hurry so fast! I was able to get it done in 20 mins with only missing 1 spot! I was pretty excited because in the past I have spent forever trying to check and recheck my work. I feel like it was a good confidence builder...just what I need to get me through the rough, overwhelming days that lie ahead! I feel like I learned a lot from Instructor Vining. Today he went over a sequencing pattern with our pod and I really liked the idea of it. I'm really going to try hard to start doing that sequence with every patient. He promises it will make us faster and that once we get the sequence down it will come automatically! One mistake I made today is that I didn't start with the mandibular lingual anteriors, so I felt really rushed with them. Jeff said to Always start with the hardest areas and then go to the easier areas. I'm up for trying any suggestions that helps me become a little bit faster and more comfortable with what I'm doing!

No comments: