Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Rest and Relax!!!!

Today was a fun day. I could actually sleep soundly last night and didn't wake up having any nightmares about my patient not showing up. It is amazing what stress does to you! I learned a lot today. I feel like we covered a lot of good things...Dental Codes, Tx planning, ultrasonic, denture cleaning and diagnodent. The most interesting thing to me was the diagnodent because I have never seen one of those used before. I would like to run one of those things around my mouth! I think it could be a very efficient tool. Costley also said a few things that helped me relieve a LITTLE bit of stress about meeting the requirements for clinic. I just need to get all my PE's in and make sure I'm doing my best and having a patient in my chair every time and hopefully all will work out. Jamey, my peer pal, also said that she was all done with her class II and III patients so she would send them my way if she came across any. Hopefully she can help me out. One thing I realized that I need to review as well is what instruments need to be used where, particularly the Gracey's. From now on we will need to tell the instructor what instruments we will be using for treatment at the OD check. I think this will help me think through things and get a plan in my head. I know I have SOOOOOOOOO much to learn and soooo many skills to develop and improve on....my only hope is that in some small way I am showing progress!!!

No comments: