Wednesday, February 20, 2008

FINALLY!!!!

I finally did it! I finally was able to have a class II patient in my chair. I can't take the credit for it though, Chelsea B. actually gave me her name becuase I had drama with confiming my patient yesterday. It is so nice to feel like we are all helping each other out so hopefully we can all make it through the semester together. I really appreciate her...I owe her big time!
I was a little nervous at first becuase I didn't know how much Enlish she spoke, but she was great, very easy to talk to. I only got through an OD check, but I was able to take 4 BWX and 3 PA's, all digital! That is good news. It was good to be getting 5 probe readings and actually be right! She had a ton of bleeding and I could tell it was really sore. Vining thinks it will be best to numb her up for next time. I'm excited. She actually acts like she is motivated to doing what she needs to do to help get her mouth healthier. She also asked a lot of questions...it is good for me to get drilled with questions! I feel like I am continually learning...I just really hope I am retaining it all!!! There is sooooooooo much information out there to know!

1 comment:

The Pyper's! said...

so awesome! And even awesomer (is that a word??) is that she is motivated. I hope that her ohi improves! Way to go!