Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Technology...a blessing and a curse!

Today was a good day. We finished early for the first time in a long time. I was able to pass off my anterior intrumentation and my intra oral camera P.E. I still get a little nervous going interproximally with a scaler, especially on healthy tight tissue, but I am getting the hang of it...you can go a lot further in than you would expect! The intra oral camera some how got messed up when I was passing it off and it said "no card" so I didn't get to finish demonstrating the funnest part, but I just did it verbally. Today we did selective polishing. I had no idea it isn't recommended to polish everyone! That came as a big surprise to me. I had also never brushed someone else's teeth so that was a new experience, but not as tough as I anticipated. The rheostat here is really touchy so it also took a little practice to get used to the amount of pressure needed! It was also the first time that I had ever had the varnish applied. It feels so stinkin weird!!! I don't blame patients for not liking it, but it is definitely a better method for the benefits of fluoride. I am just glad I don't have to have the varnish put on everyday!

No comments: