Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Stains galore...WHAT?????

Wow! Today was good, a little bit longer than normal because I had a headache, but the time still flew by. We used the disclosing agent today. It is so amazing to me how hard it can be to get your teeth clean! It is quite humbling...just when I think I'm doing a decent job brushing I find out I've still been missing spots!!! It's kind of depressing, but it's really good to know where I need to focus on more.
I think this is a really good way to motivate our patients...it's great to individualize your OHI to them and for them to be able to apply it to their own mouth. I'm also really glad that I learned the trick about the vaseline on the lips....when I did the dental assisting program we never learned that and so we were always walking around with bright pink lips and it was a little much for me! My next project is to disclose my husband and get him brushing better! Disclosing agent is an amazing thing!!!

No comments: