Wednesday, October 17, 2007

There is a First Time for EVERYTHING!!!

Today I had a lot of fun! I passed off my probing PE and then we learned how to scale the anterior teeth! It was so much fun becuase I have never done anything like this before. We put white out on the typodont and scaled this off first. This was good, but I knew it was going to be a lot different when I got to a real patient! It was cool to actually feel calculus and remove it! Then we switched and I was able to get my teeth scaled. This was actually the first time my teeth have ever been scaled before! It sure was interesting! I had some calculus right between #24 and #25. Professor Costely came over to remove it...my eyes started watering, not becuase it hurt but just the sound! It was an aweful sound! It was just something I had never experienced before! I didn't feel quite as overwhelmed today which is good!

No comments: