Monday, April 7, 2008

Complete Chaos

Well today I had my class 2 exam patient coming in. He gave me quite the scare on Thursday when he called me and told me that he didn't know if he could come in. I almost freaked out becuase this would have been the 2nd class 2 that I had done an OD on and then didn't come in. Then I talked him in to coming and he didn't want to pay. Well he showed up with money and everything. I started scaling the lower anteriors becuase he needed to be numb there. After I cleaned him there I had McConaughy come and do a scale check on those teeth. Well after looking she said, I think he is a class 3 and I think he would be a good board patient. We spent the next hour trying to figure out what we were going to do with him. It was quite stressful. I ended up doing 2 quads...not very good because I was in a hurry, and Valerie is using the other half for her mock board on thursday. Prof. McConaughy was really cool about it all and she said we did the best we could considering the circumstances. Hopefully she will be a little bit easy on me for my exam score (she is letting me count it as my exam with only 2 quads, hopefully Costley will be cool with this.) Anways I was like a half hour getting him out of there, but we did get him out of there. He was happy too becuase she offered to pay for the other half for him...too bad money doesn't grow on trees for me!:) Well, I'm just glad the chaos is over with, I hope I don't have another clinic day as chaotic as that!

No comments: