Monday, March 17, 2008

I'll take Relaxation over Stress ANYDAY!!!

Well today I had Jamey, my peer pal, come in. I used her as my second 1B exam. She was actually a fill in for me because my patient cancelled on me last friday. I was a little more relaxed (still a little stressed...naturally) with her, it was good to get to visit with her and get some suggestions from her. She was also great to give encouragement. Obviously she didn't have very much calculus so that made it easy on me. I was able to pass off my intraoral camera PE on her which I had set as a goal because I expected that I would have some extra time. I was also able to get my PE done where I observed Janet scale. I really think you can learn a lot from watching people scale. I wish I could do it more often. I didn't miss any spots! (which isn't a huge accomplishment on someone with such good OH, but still it will help my grade!)
I also found out today that one of my class II patients that I have already done an OD on may not be able to come back becuase she may not have a car available. Shoot! One full day wasted if that is the case. I'm kind of worried about that!
It is so crazy to me that we are almost done with our first year....in not too long I will be in Jamey's shoes!!!! I told Jamey it would probably be a good experience for her because she would be able to see how much improvement she had made since this time last year!!!

2 comments:

{Jamey} said...

You did Great!! Don't worry you'll be done before you know it! Here is the name of the lady at the Department of Workforce Service.
Bridget Johnson
(801) 626-0356
Good Luck I hope it works out for you.

The Pyper's! said...

Awesome job....and no spots!! That is so great!