Monday, March 24, 2008

Draining Surprise!!!

Wow. That is the only word I can use to describe today. I wasn't sure what to expect out of today. All that I knew is that she hadn't been to the dentist in like 3 years and that she was terrified. I was really hoping for a class II. I definitely had a learning experience today. She was so difficult! I wanted to have my OD done by 1:15. Much to my surprise, my health history took 50 minutes in and of itself to do! Ouch! I used my drugs book more today than I had ever used it put together since I've owned it!
She was soooo anxious. I even had a hard time probing becuase she was jumping so much. She needed N2O, which I have worked with in an office, but not in here. Tamara came to administer it. Tamara also gave the LA, or attempted to. The patient grabbed her arm in the middle of it. Another thing that I found was very annoying is that her phone rang probably 8 times and she answered it every time. Bless her heart, she is such a sweet lady and I really like her, but she caused me a lot of stress today!
I didn't get to do my universal instrumenation PE today like I had planned, but I'm just glad I got through what I did. She had some farely deep pockets, but not too much calculus. She has a crown on almost every tooth. Kim was having a hard time trying to decide which classification to make her, but luckily she chose in my favor. She said she really should be a class V, but with the difficulty of the patient and everything else involved she gave me a class II. I am so grateful for this!!! I honestly would have started crying if I knew after putting up with all of this that I would only get a class V. It was definitely a good thing for me to experience, but I hope I don't get any more of these for a while....except she is coming back next monday for me to finish. I'm just glad we won't have to do the HHX again! Hopefully it will go smoothly...I will be crossing my fingers. She is my 4th OD of a class II (becuase going right along with my luck one of them decided she didn't want to come back so I had an entire day wasted on her! Oh well, such is life right?!) All I can tell my self is just keep chugging along and hope for the best!

No comments: