Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Double Time!

Well, today was quite the day. I knew it was going to be a little bit of a stretch trying to fit everything in today that I did, but luckily Professor Costely was very patient and helpful and I was able to make it through. I had my grandma come in to finish scaling her. She was my first patient of the semester and I just barely finished her up! Sheesh! We got started 20 mins late, so that didn't help. I started with my OD and then we went on to OHI and scaling. I passed off my anterior scaling PE. It was a really good one on one time with Costley. I feel like she really helped me to make some improvement with my stroke. I feel a lot more confident about getting down into the col area now. I learned that I also need to make my stroke not just in the direction if the tooth, but more in the direction of the toe. I feel like it was a good opportunity to have some help, becuase when I am practicing the wrong thing....I obviously don't get anywhere!
I had my sister-in-law come in to take a FMX on her. I didn't get started until 10:45 and I had to do it today becuase she is from Salt Lake and it is their spring break right now. Costley was really cool about it though, which helped me to stay calm. I feel like the x-rays went well. Out of all of them I only had 2 retakes, and one of them we still couldn't get after trying it again...it was a very tricky one! We couldn't get them to print so I will have to go back in to do that when mrs. campbell is around. Although I had to pay for the x-rays (because I was desperate!...bummer!) I feel like today overall was very productive...not only in meeting requirements, but also in what I learned. Hopefully each clinic session I will start to catch on to more and more each time!

No comments: