Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The LAST day rocked!

I'm so happy right now becuase I'm done with my clinic sessions until January!!!! YEAH! I'm even more excited becuase I was able to meet all my requirements and get everything done that I needed to!

Today went well. I saw a class 3 patient and did a half a mouth. I was able to do LA for this and pass off my subgingival irrigation PE.

This afternoon I had my friend from high school come in. It was a nice relaxing afternoon and I finally didn't feel pooped after cleaning a patient! It seems like it has been forever since I was able to clean a 1B and it was really nice! I also passed off my blood glucose PE. One thing I learned today..... with the new scanx machine in use...you have to be careful which template you choose when taking digital x-rays. I didn't even realize that was on there so I put it in the wrong template and they wouldn't pull up to print. I had to take the whole set over again! Brother! The computer didnt' like me today. A while after I had printed off my treatment plan, I went in to do my walkout, and low and behold...there was no tx plan listed anywhere in his file! It is beyond me where it went but I had to remake a whole new treatment plan...weird! I had a good time using the new intra oral camera to show my picture some really deep pits he had on his 2nd molars....technology is amazing!

It feels so nice to be done!!! You know what they say....it will all work out!

2 comments:

Kami said...

Nicely done. I love the wedding picture. You look beautiful. You have had a great semester. I look forward to following your progress next semester.

{Jamey} said...

Hey Kristin!! Looks like school is going good so far! You guys are learning Scan X? That's nice...it's always good to get as much experience as you can! Good luck with the last semester (YAY!!) Your almost there :)