Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Finally some PE's!!!!

This morning we had a lab on desensitization and emergency situations. I really like that we take the time to review emergencies. I really hope I never have to deal with one in real like, but if I ever do hopefully I will be prepared!

This afternoon my patient was returning from earlier in the semester. She was 2 quads of class 2 and 1 quad of a class 5. She was so easy going and was a great patient. I was so grateful to Bossenberger who helped me to get so many PE's done! I FINALLY did some that I've been trying to do for the past month! I was ablet to do my ultrasonic, calculus removal, and accessory fulcrum. I had extra time at the end so I did my caries risk assessment PE. My patient also needed Arrestin in one spot so I did that PE! It felt so good to get that load lifted off!

One weird thing that my patient mentioned is that she was rinsing with Balsalmic Vinegar. She had sores in her mouth from the acid even. Some of the things patients come up with to do! Crazy! I had to explain to her that listerine would be much better!!

No comments: