Wednesday, November 19, 2008

CELEBRATION!!!

I am actually posting a day late this week, but at least I have some news to share! Today was my last day at the VA and I was able to finish up with my requirements!!!! I'm so excited! I got 2 quads of a 2 and 4 quads of a 5. No more worries for this semester!!! What a great feeling!

Yesterday went okay. I was worried sick in the morning because I hadn't been able to get a hold of my patient and I really needed her to be there...she was a class 3 exam. It was 8:20 and she still wasn't there so I decided I would help Claire with some screenings she was doing. I sat the patient in the chair to take his BP and then they called back over the intercom telling me my patient was here! Of course that would happen as soon as I sat that other patient down!!! I was soooo relieved though! I was kind of disappointed though becuase she decided she didn't want to be anesthetized because she hates shots so bad! (That's okay though, I made up for it in the afternoon!) I was able to pass of my perio files PE. I only missed 2 spots. This is a HUGE improvement! Last year when I saw her I struggled so bad, but this time around went much smoother!

In the afternoon I had my 17 year old patient coming back to finish him from last week. I was hoping he would want N2O, but he didn't...bummer. He was quite nervous and wiggly for the injections...but he made it through all TEN!!!! Let me just tell you again that he had the hardest stinkin' calculus to get off! He had a canker sore last time and it had almost tripled in size so I had the instructors take a look just to check and they thought it would be okay. Instructor Wolde recommended that he rinse with a mouthrinse made by colgate called Peroxyl that she says works really good. I hadn't ever heard of this before, so it was good to get her recommendations. Even though I was completely worn out at the end of the day, it was a good day overall!

2 comments:

{Jamey} said...

That makes my stomach turn just thinking about all of the STRESS of trying to find requirements! I'm really surprised I didn't end up with ulcers or something! Somehow it always works out though! Don't give up only one more semester to go :0) I feel for ya!

Skye said...

peroxyl is great! and requirements all done! wow you are on top of it i am still searching for injections no one wants to be numb! keep up the good work we are almost done!