Thursday, April 23, 2009

Last Clinic Day!

I can't believe its actually over. I honestly never thought this day would come......and it still doesn't feel right.

This morning I saw my board patient. I cleaned one quad. It was a lot more tenacious than I was hoping for. He also had a really hard time getting numb, which makes me nervous. I've decided to clean the quad with the lesser clicks for boards and I think I will be just fine. I think if I chose the heavier side I would be burying a hole for myself that I wouldn't be able to get out of. I'm pretty confident he will work out great though. He seems to be very reliable (knock on wood) and hasn't ever had a cold sore. I get butterflies in my stomoch just talking about all this! I just hope that everything goes perfect for all of us and we don't have any more patients getting surgeries or anything like that!

This afternoon I saw my backup board patient that Chelsea Bomb and I are sharing. I'm not 100% confident with her. I think she will be there, but her calculus is just lighter that I would like. She's kind of just a LAST resort. Chelsea Bomb and Chelsea Buckwalter and I are doing screenings on monday to hopefully find some more back up patients. I just hate forking out all this money. It is sooo Not good on my pocket book right now....but you do what you gotta do!

I have very mixed feelings about today. I am so excited to never do another PE or have to meet another requirement or have another OD check, but at the same time I do think I will miss this part of my life. It's definitely something that I don't ever want to go back to, but I've enjoyed it (most of the time) while its lasted. I've hated the stress I've experienced, but hopefully I'll be a better person because of it. Hopefully I will be a more pleasant person to be around with less stress in my life after boards are over and I get the results that I passed!!!! (I'm going to have a nervous break down if I even consider what they might say if I don't pass!)

Its weird for me to think that I'm done with school. It's all I've ever known. I really would like to go back someday to get my master's and teach, but I can't tell the future unfortunately, so who knows if that will ever happen. Well, I guess this is sorta good bye, but not really. I'll have to write another post when all of this actually sinks in and hits me!

No comments: