Thursday, April 9, 2009

I can't wipe the smile off my face!!!

Today was a great day!!! I got 2 quads of a class 4 this morning to finish off my requirements. I also did 2 pe's....so now I just have the sterilization pe that we just got in our box today (at least it is an easy one!) I missed 4 spots this morning, but I was okay with it because I knew they were there. She was just tired and ready to be done so I had to stop. I did learn though to just numb up the stupid anteriors and don't try to get by without it. It will be much better for you and the patient. By the way...I do NOT like the curved ultrasonic tips. Maybe i'm just not giving them enough of a chance, but I really don't like them. You are free to have your opinion and I am free to do the same!
This afternoon went well. I officially am confident with my board patient!!! Hollie gave him to me but today was the first day I actually saw him for myself. He is perfect. He has a great attitude and is so patient. I took x-rays of his right side today. I had to have perry help me get supplementals to get the distal root of his third molars. I got through the OD and double checked my recession, probe depths, calculus clicks and occlusion and then checked it again. I'm kind of in a dilemma because I don't know which quad to submit. I'm saving his whole mandible for boards. His left side has like 18 clicks in it so I know it will qualify, I'm just worried it will be overkill. His right side has 13 clicks. So basically i have 3 options. I can be safe and submit the left side, but worry it will be too hard. I can submit the right side and worry about not having enough. OR I can submit the left side with an extra tooth or two. Does anybody have any suggestions? If I do the 3rd option it will be about as much calculus as just submitting the left side alone. Whatever I decide to do I really don't want to have to lose 4 points for going to my alternate submission...if I can help it of course! Let me know what you think. I'm going to have him back the last day of clinic to clean the upper quad so that may give me a little better idea. I'm feeling more confident about things.
I'm now going to announce my stress for next week: LA mockboards. I was shocked to find out we have a written test!!! I had no idea. I have so much studying to do! I guess I will think of that later and relish in the moment that I finally had a good day in clinic!

1 comment:

{Jamey} said...

Sounds like everything is comging together nicely! I would just submit one quad w/no extra teeth, so probably the one with more clicks. I did extra teeth and I didn't need to and it just stressed me out more... make it as easy on yourself as you can!!! Submit extra as the alternate and you should be fine.