Thursday, March 5, 2009

Simulation Day

Its days like this that make me worried about holding up in a regular office. I can do it fine as an assistant on Wednesdays and Saturdays...but there is just something about hygiene that wears me out! It is a lot more physically demanding it seems. Hopefully that is something I will get used to!
In the morning I saw two 1A's. I had a screening scheduled, but he cancelled on me 45 minutes before he was supposed to come. My first patient was about 10 minutes late and then the computer for the scan-x took like 15 minutes to get going, which put me a little bit behind! My second patient was an absolute doll. It all worked out with my cancellation because I was able to do sealants on her.
This afternoon I saw my husband, which is fun and not fun. I absolutely love him to death, but I think family members definitely can complain alot more than a regular patient. Thanks to Jake for being such a good sport and nothing against him with what I'm about to say....I want to know if I can fix something or do something better...but don't try to blame me when it's hurting just because you don't floss at home! It certainly isn't that tender when I get it done to me! haha if only everyone was as obsessed with oral hygiene as I am! It does make me realize why people hate coming to the dentist though....their gums feel just fine until we go probin' around in there! Maybe some day in a perfect world people will take responsibility for their actions, or lack thereof.
After this I had my last mockboard patient come in to finish her last quad. By this time I was so worn out...it definitely wasn't my best performance!!! I took 3 sets of scan-x BWX today and I love them! They seem to be so much easier for the patient. Now I just have to do some PA's with them and see how that goes.
I'm just glad today is over and I want to thank Denae, Lindy and Mindy for all your help turning over my units and taking care of my instruments....you guys are awesome!

2 comments:

Claire said...

That is so true! When I brought my husband in, he was a baby.

Vickie's Side said...

Isn't is wonderful that we can rely on family to help out in certain situations. I agree that there seems to be a lot more complaining or at least a lot more ideas placed of what we can do better!!