Thursday, January 29, 2009

Whew!

10 pounds have been lifted off my shoulders today!!!! I found a mockboard patient! She seems to be very reliable and willing to help. Her dentist had told her he wouldn't start the treatment plan until she had her teeth cleaned (smart idea!). When I talked to her on the phone she said she needed a deep cleaning and wanted to be numbed up and everything...I wasn't quite sure what to expect. She ended up being a class 2, but with only 1 quad that would qualify for mockboards (not as deep of a cleaning as I was thinking!). She had x-rays in oct. of 2008 so she is bringing her BWX with her, and we took 4 pa's of the LR quad today. Her calculus is pretty tenacious (I cleaned the left side today), I think partly because she is a smoker. I implemented some of what we learned this week in class about smoking cessation and she told me her and her boyfriend both want to quit. I really hope she does!

This morning Denae was kind enough to let me do a sealant on one of her patients. (luckily my patient was way cool and let me step away for a minute). Thanks Denae....it feels good to get one of those out of the way!

This afternoon was a breeze. I had a 1B, pretty dang healthy. It was nice for a change to have an easy patient. Although at the same time I'm wishing I was fulfilling some harder requirements. We took 1 PA because she had her lip pierced to the left of the midline and she wanted to check on the bone level. I'm getting closer to meeting my PA requirements! Overall it was a fun afternoon.

I was stressing out so bad and so it was such a relief to find my mockboard patient today. Now of course I will stress that she will qualify for sure and that everything will go well, but I think it will. Thank heavens for answered prayers!!!!!

4 comments:

Dustin and Nicole said...

Wow! That is so awesome that you found a Mockboard pt!!! I'm still searching :s But I love when we get to apply what we're learning about in class to clinic! :)

Megan said...

Yeah for finding a mockboard! I'm so glad you found one. Now you can enjoy your work free weekend.

Kami said...

Nice post. It is a relief to find your mockboard pt. How did the real mockboard go or have you done it yet? I miss working with you at the VA, I don't know what is going on. I don't believe that smoking causes calculus to be more tenacious.

Camille said...

Nice blog page. mine is boring. It feels so nice to find a mockboard patient. Do you have your board pt