Thursday, February 12, 2009

Not my day!

Today at clinic went okay. This morning I had a patient come back from earlier in the semester. Kami bumped him up to be 3 quads of a class 3! (Originally he was classified as a two). Mentally I wasn't prepared for what lied in store for me and I ended up getting discouraged after missing several spots. She also showed me how to not adapt the explorer so much and just kind of use it like the very tip of a finger to feel for the calculus. I really liked that idea. I also need to use more lateral pressure against the tooth and not just lateral pressure into thin air!

This afternoon I saw a 1B...but not a relaxing easy one by any means! I took a pano...lined the machine up wrong and had to redo it. NOT a good way to start off the afternoon! She had 3 of her wisdom teeth so Alexander recommended to use an end tuft brush to clean around them (especially because #17 was tipped lingually). The end tuft brush was also good because she had exostosis buccally of her maxillary molars...this by the way unfortunately had to be pointed out by Alexander. I only ended up missing one spot, which I knew was there, but I still didnt feel that great about the appointment. Guess it just wasn't my day!

3 comments:

mindy-lou said...

Hey I am sorry to hear that about your day! I still think that your redo should count for 2 Panos. Come Prof. A :)
Don't you fret girl! We all know how well you did on Mockboard. You are a Rockstar, so party like one!

Ha! that sounds like that song! I'll explain it to you later.

Gidget's World said...

Hey I had one of those days today, just keep in there! We will all make it some day! Oh and I never thougth about an end tuft brush, would have maybe helped me on not missing so many!

Lindy said...

you really post indepth blogs good juob. We will keep praying for you to find a board pt.