Tuesday, October 21, 2008

RELIEF!!!! I can FINALLY breathe!

Today was the big day...MOCKBOARDS!!! I was scared out of my mind. I haven't been that nervous for a long time! I honestly felt like I was either going to throw up or pee my pants...or both! Luckily now it is all over with and I can say prayers of gratitude!

I started off this morning being a student examiner. It was really good for me to find out a little bit more what the paper work is and what needed to be filled out. It was also good to be able to put myself in the shoes of the examiner and search for spots of calculus.

After lunch it was my turn! I was really nervous that something was going to go wrong. I started off kind of on a bad foot becuase as I was setting up my tray I dropped my sharpening stone and it broke into 3 pieces...Lovely! Luckily though my patient came ON TIME AND HE QUALIFIED!!! I was stoked. Once I got scaling I wasn't as nervous, it seemed just like a normal clinic day. I was concerned about a few spots, but when my results came back I had actually missed two different spots and none that I was worried about! Lucky for me, those spots weren't counted on my grade becuase it hadn't been chosen in advance to be graded. I did make a mistake on my perio statement. I didn't realize that because he had 4 mm of recession on 1 tooth, he would be classified as severe...at least I'm finding this out now!

I'm soooooo grateful we had this opportunity to run through things so I can continue to prepare for the real thing. I can't even imagine how nervous I'm going to be that day! I was happy how things turned out and excited to be able to use this experience to better my skills. I'm glad we get to do this 2 more times before the real board! Thank heavens we have intructors who know what they are doing and can help us!

No comments: