Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A FULL Day!!!

Today was long, but good. It was the first clinic day that BOTH my patients showed up, and they were BOTH on time!!! This morning I did one quad of a 2 and one quad of a 3. His calculus was some tenacious stuff! I got to use my perio files for the first time and I used my orange swivel ultrasonic tip. I love them! I feel like I've been missing out by not using them! It was the first time that I could really see chunks of black calculus coming out of the pocket! I also felt like I accomplished alot becuase I passed off 3 PE's! I'm excited also because I'm seeing this patient again in January.

My afternoon patient was a class V, but I was able to take a full mouth set of x-rays (I thought was great because previously he had rejected x-rays!) He had a pretty intense medical history, so it took me 45 minutes to go over! Patients like this are really great practice and experience, but NOT good for my time utilization score! Prof. A helped me test his blood sugar becuase he was diabetic. I hadn't seen how we do it in the clinic before, so that was neat; easier than I thought it would be. I didn't miss any spots in my scale check so that was a bonus!

1 comment:

darikamurphy-off campus student said...

Hi, my name is Darika Murphy. I am an off campus Weber student earning my bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene. I earned my A.S. in dental hygiene from Salt Lake Community College ’07 and am working full time as a dental hygienist in the Salt Lake Valley. I love the satisfactions of removing the chunks of black tartar of the teeth. I would love to provide you with any feedback or questions you have (hygiene school experience, board exams, after graduation work experience, etc.) Hope to hear from you!