Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First day of WSU clinic

Well, we made it through the day without anything too traumatic happening! Yesterday my holiday came to an abrupt halt when I called my patient at 5:30 to remind her of her appointment at 8:00 this morning. She told me her car was broke down and so she couldn't come today. After a slight little brake down and my husband and I both thinking how we didn't miss this stress during the summer, I got to work trying to find a new patient. Luckily mindy came to my rescue and her brother in law came in to be my patient. It went smoothly and I was able to pass off my Diagnodent P.E.
I was a little nervous that my patient for the afternoon wasn't going to come, but he didnt' let me down! We got started a little bit late and needed some help translating, but it worked out okay. I was dissappointed that all I got down was an OD, but I'm excited that he will be 2 quads of a class II and 2 of a class III! He is the first patient I have been able to recommend the Peridex for so I will be able to see for myself if it makes a difference at his next appointment. I was proud of myself for doing well on my vertical BWX because it is something I'm not 100% confident with...they turned out much better than I expected!

No comments: