Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Count Your MANY Blessings!

Let's just get to the point. I was extremely blessed today. My first patient went great. Instructor Wolde helped me with my exploring (duh, should be so easy right?!). I couldn't believe how big of a difference it made when I made sure my explorer was parallel to the long axis of the tooth. Oh we forget simple things so easy! It really helped me out though becuase I didn't miss any spots!

I was extremely worried about the afternoon becuase my patient cancelled on me last night. I had called everyone I could think of and nothing was working out. My husband was going to come in if I absolutely needed him, but I wanted to avoid this because he came in only 5 months ago or so. Boy was I praying! I was walking around campus trying to find somebody...nothing. Then 10 mins before clinic started a miracle occurred. This guy walked into the clinic and wanted to get his teeth cleaned, but he didn't have an appointment! I was able to have him, and he was the perfect patient. He had never been to the dentist before. I was able to take a full mouth series on him (I was struggling at first, but then I got on a roll and didn't have any problems.) He has lots of calculus and shockingly no decay or restorations anywhere. His deepest pocket was a 5. I am going to be able to use him for my mockboard patient on Oct. 21st, which is a huge stress reliever. He seems to be very reliable and very willing to help. All I can say is somebody was really watching out for me today!

No comments: