Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Blessed AGAIN!!!

Clinic today went well, with some moments of stress that is! My patient this morning showed up 45 mins late...but I was just glad she was there! (Yesterday at 1:00 I was looking for 2 patients for today!) She turned out to just be a 1B (I REALLY don't need any of these!), BUT when she got there I noticed she had braces so I hurried to get the air-powder polisher out so I could do that P.E. I guess I grabbed the polisher that was brand new and it wasn't set up for the unit so I had to change it out, which was kind of messy becuase of all the cords, but I eventually got it taken care of! She was a really good sport about using it, even though it sucks!!! It is a really good tool, but just a pain to set up and really messy!

This afternoon I had a patient scheduled that already cancelled on me 2 times. I was desperate so I called to see if she wanted to come in today at 12:30 and she did but I told her this was her last chance. If she didn't show up she wouldn't be able to be seen by the clinic. Well, at 1:00 I still had no patient in my chair. She wasn't answering her phone so I knew I was out of luck. Just then 2 ladies walked in wanting to make an appointment to get their teeth cleaned. I was able to have one!!!!! Seriously, SOMEBODY is looking out for me! I didn't figure we would be able to get done with the appointment becuase we got such a late start, but I was just glad to be able to be getting something done! I took another set of Vertical BWX and didn't have any retakes! I'm starting to feel more confident with the vertical BWX's. I did my OD and she was classified as half a mouth of class V and half class II. I was stoked! She was a really fun patient to work with. I only completed the UR, but have her scheduled to come back for the rest. My peer pal, Candace, was there to observe me today. I felt bad when I thought I wasn't going to have a patient, but luckily things worked out! It was good to have her help to chart...it sure helped move things along! Thanks Candace!

No comments: