Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Disgusting mess!

Today was a very interesting day. We learned how to use the air powder brush. We got started a little bit late becuase we didn't have any sterilized tips. During this time while we were waiting I was able to pass off my Eaglesoft Walk out statement PE and my universal instrumentation PE.
We first practiced on a penny with the air powder brush, then on Dexter. I was scared to do it on a real person! When I had it done to me I hated it... the taste is horrible and the powder burns, and a mess just goes everywhere! It's really tough to manipulate everything I feel like...probably just becuase I have no prior experience with this. One thing that really helped me feel more comfortable is putting a dry angle by the cheek. I feel like this protects the patient and also helps me feel more confident. I don't know how much I will use this if I don't have too! I guess I will find out eventually!

No comments: