Monday, September 10, 2007

Details, Details, Details!

Today in clinic we learned how to review health histories and record entries in the patient chart. I have never gone over one in so much depth! I now realize that they are truly valuable to anyone in the dental office...especially those performing the dental treatment.
Today my pod partner didn't have hardly any thing listed on her health history, but I get nervous about how much time it is going to take me to go over a patient that may have a lot of things to list! I sure do like abbreviations!
I am so sure that important details get looked over so much in the dental office because of the carelessness of the staff. I have never had anybody sit down and review my health history in so much detail...but this is something that I want to do. I am a very detail-oriented person so I want to put this to use to benefit my future patients!

1 comment:

{Jamey} said...

Hey Kristen! Just wanted to see how everything is going so far in clinic. Don't worry you'll learn little tricks along the way to help make the health history review go faster. It makes it really hard though when you have a patient that is on 10 different meds then it really takes a lot of time. Try to get them to fill out their HHX before you see them and then you can look up their meds before clinic- it saves you a good 1/2 hour!